Breaking & Entering Bourbon (NEW):
- First, 80 barrels were obtained from a series of rickhouses in Kentucky. Then, the barrels were brought to the Bay Area.
- The result: a locally produced bourbon with a 5-7 year age range.
- The whiskey has a bright, young flavor profile, with great color (a hint of red), and notes of maple, cinnamon, cloves and cherry cola. For aficionados there is just a hint of banana.
- The cherry cola notes make this perfect for a Manhattan, but it's also great neat and on the rocks.
- This was one of the first hand-crafted, small batch bourbons to gain popularity. It's still one of the best. Even with the variations that come with small batch production, it delivers fantastic flavor at a very accessible price.
- The palate is firm and generous, with baking spice and a hint of marzipan. The nose has oak, and a little cigar-box cedar. Afterwards there is a serious finish, with some oak and nicely understated floral notes.
- Recent press reports indicate that Channing Tatum enjoys drinking Woodford Reserve. Castro Village Wine Company endorses anything that makes Mr. Tatum happy.